Nowadays criminals are not just targeting your PC anymore, Whether you online internet using your ,Mac or laptop, especially your android gadgets. For sure you will be targeted for scams designed, to get your private information and money into this culprit pockets.
Below is 21 tips you may follow before you decide to surf internet especially for internet banking. Don’t make yourself vulnerable.
1. Keep your system, internet browsers, applications and security software patched and updated. You can use this free F-Secure Health Check makes this easy.
2. Secure your Gadgets: by Lock your cell phone, tablet and PC when they’re not in use.
3. Secured Password : Use unique, complex passwords for all of your most important accounts. Our Key app makes that easy. ( Not to complex or else you might forget yours credentials !! )
4. Managed Email : Keep your email inbox organized and spam free so you’ll recognize suspicious emails when you get them.
5. Safe Mobile Apps : Use official app stores to find new software for your mobile devices.
6. Check First : Check the reviews on any app before you install.
7. Check your apps permissions to see what you’re sharing with developers !!. Our free Permissions app for Android.
8. Remember there’s no such thing as “private” on a social network. Your friends can share whatever you post with the world. So DO NOT SHARE THINGS WHICH IS TOO PERSONAL.
9. Use a VPN when connecting through an unsecured WiFi. Alternatively: Freedome by F-Secure gives your phone VPN protection or you may use others VPN services as well.
10. CHECK YOUR SHARING LOCATION : Are you sharing your location without even realizing it? Your photos and your social media accounts Facebook especially, may be announcing where you are to strangers. DOUBLE Check your settings !!
11. Set up a separate important activities, Java-free browser dedicated just to shopping and banking.
12. Always check your URLS before filling out any form. You’re looking for a padlock and https, which means secured, and that you’re on the domain you meant to be on.
13. Don’t let your device connect to public WiFi spots automatically and delete old WiFi access points you’ve used when you arrive home.
14. Check the credit card you use for online purchases regularly for unusual activity.
15. When using a business’s WiFi network, check with the establishment you’re at to make sure the network you log onto is really theirs, and not one a snoop has set up to trick you.
16. When at an ATM or using your devices in public, be aware of your surroundings and anyone who could be trying to peek over your shoulder.
17. In many countries you can use a travel router with a prepaid SIM card for your own personal WiFi network.
18. Assume anything you do over public WiFi is part of a public conversation.
19. Put masking tape over your webcam when you’re not using it.
20. Don’t share crucial identification information – Social Security number, account information, Mother’s maiden name—with sites you don’t know.
21. If you have any questions about a strange email you’ve received from your bank or credit card company, contact the institution directly, preferably by phone.
We’re glad you’re staying protected and hope you’ll consider F-Secure SAFE for complete protection for all your devices.
Credits to Sandra fsecure