Some iium student having problem to connect to student portal. but they can connect to the iium wireless.
After some troubleshooting , most of them having problem with DNS Locker ! its a type of adware that has been installed in their laptop or pcs through web browsers plugin.
so they need to removed this adware permanently before they can get their university network.
here is some guide and step on how to remove dns locker from their laptop.
STEP 1 : Uninstall DNS Locker from Your Computer
Simultaneously press the Windows Logo Button and then “R” to open the Run Command
Locate the DNS Locker program and click on uninstall/change. To facilitate the search you can sort the programs by date. review the most recent installed programs first. In general you should remove all unknown programs.
STEP 2 : Remove DNS Locker from Chrome, Firefox or IE
Remove from Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools—> Extensions
- Remove any unknown extension by clicking on the little recycle bin
- If you are not able to delete the extension then navigate to C:\Users\”computer name“\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\and review the folders one by one.
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
- If you are using the latest chrome version you need to do the following
- go to settings – Add person
- choose a preferred name.
- then go back and remove person 1
- Chrome should be malware free now
Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable and remove any unknown add on
- Open the Firefox’s Help Menu
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Open IE
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions
- Disable any suspicious extension.
- If the disable button is gray, you need to go to your Windows Registry and delete the corresponding CLSID
- On the Upper Right Corner of Internet Explorer Click on the Gear Icon.
- Click on Internet options
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset.
- Check the “Delete Personal Settings Tab” and then Reset
- Close IE
Permanently Remove DNS Locker Leftovers
To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify any registry leftovers or temporary files.
0 Komentar untuk "How to Remove DNS Locker from Chrome / IE / Firefox"